Over the weekend Chris, John and went to Indian Wells to check out the tennis tournament going on there. It was an interesting day of what I felt was akin to a preppy Coachella. Instead of stages there were stadiums and individual courts you navigated your way to in the gardens amidst a throng of tennis fans (so much neon! so many hats!?) which ran the gamut in age, mainly elder. I liked sitting in the grandiose stadiums that were so steep it reminded me of Quidditch or something. I felt like we would topple over into the laps of mild mannered tennis fans down below us if we weren't careful. Something I really liked about watching tennis was how aesthetically pleasing and clean it all was. Unlike a basketball/baseball game, the crowd was respectfully quiet and concentrated as they watched the match unfold. Also appreciated the strict guidelines that sponsor logos had to adhere to, every logo was tastefully scaled down and set in white as not to detract from what was actually important. A great example of trusting that people know how to recognize a logo without having it be 5 ft. wide and flashing wildly. A highlight of the evening was watching Nadal play...and seeing how excited Chris got about it all. A lovely day in the desert that ended with the requisite midnight Del Taco run.





No comments:
Post a Comment